Friday, April 9, 2010

Multi-tasking

I read someone's blog about multi-tasking this week. I can't remember who...

I've been furiously working on revisions for my YA WIP -- I'm up to Chapter 5 (not very fast I know). And then, suddenly (though not unexpected), the editor I'm working with on a freelance project returned it with revision notes. Screeching halt on the WIP - because paying work comes before unpaid work!

Complete brain twist! Non-fiction fourth grade level very different than "cuspy" YA novel. (Don't know cuspy? Think tween.)

But I'm a writer...and I can multi-task...

3 comments:

Aubrie said...

I recently wrote about how I juggle multiple writing projects. I think it's a good thing to have lots of buns in the oven! I like the word cupsy :)

Matthew MacNish said...

Congratulations! It sounds like a necessary evil that's really not bad at all.

That sounds great to get to step away from your project to get paid to write. Unfortunately I have to step away from my project to work at my crappy job.

Thanks for sharing Kristine.

Shameless promotion:

I have an awesome guest post today on my blog by Cole Gibsen.

This one is pure query/submission gold folks in which she shares the ACTUAL query that landed her an agent and the correspondence that ensued.

Please stop by to read, comment and follow.

Thanks!

Kristine Asselin said...

It was Aubrie who had that blog this week! Thanks for the reminder!

Matthew, it's awesome to paid to write. I have a job "in real life" that often gets in the way of my writing (paid and unpaid)...something has to pay the bills...