Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wii Fit Workout

I've been trying to get up early and exercise. Wii Fit is my current exercise of choice - it's fun, simple, and I can choose how long my workout is and what areas to focus on. I'm frustrated because when I do the body test, I keep getting told "that's overweight." I'm not mad at the Wii - I understand that I need to lose a few pounds - I'm frustrated at myself because I can't get down to the next level. I'm right at the line. What does will it say when I'm not overweight? You're perfect? Just right? Send me your full manuscript? No, wait. That last one isn't right.

Don't you wish you had a handy-dandy workout tool for your manuscript? My ms is clocking it at right around 60K words. I know I have a few scenes yet to add. Suddenly, I'm pushing the higher end of my genre. How did that happen? (Then again, how did I gain 10 pounds since my daughter was born?) But, is it overweight in other areas? Does it need a few sit ups? Or to cut some unneeded words?

Do you need to put your manuscript on a healthy diet?

10 comments:

Aubrie said...

I guess it would be a word count workout! Or a editing marathon!

Anonymous said...

I've heard some terrible things about the Wii fit. And the sarcastic voice. Some of my friends haven't gone back to it because they know the voice will say, "So I haven't see you for a while..."

And I've read 75K is fine for YA. Of course it can be shorter too.But you probably won't go over 70.

Kristine Asselin said...

I don't mind the sarcasm. I'm just glad it doesn't say "nice to see your fat a** again."

;)

Kelly Polark said...

Yes! The Wii needs a Wii Reviser or Wii Critiquer!
I use Wii Fit too. My husband has gained weight over the years, so my kids and I giggled when my husband's Wii's middle increased after he was weighed. :)
I like the Wii Fit. I use it with the treadmill. I also just got Wii Sports Active for Christmas. It's good for mixing it up!
I also got Wii Fit Plus for Christmas. Which is basically the same Wii Fit with extra exercises that I like.
I'm off for a walk in the neighborhood next. It's a beautiful day!

Kristine Asselin said...

Kelly - Wii Critiquer would be awesome! It would say things like "Show, don't Tell!" "Trim those adverbs!"

I use the Wii Fit Plus too - I like the combo exercises.

Kristin said...

Ha! A Wii Critiquer and Reviser!!! I think the Wii Fit is fun to do with the kids, but I get more out of running or hitting the gym myself. ;) However, that's not always possible.

Tina Laurel Lee said...

Wii Reviser--if only I could play it down on the couch with a remote control. Because I wouldn't have to exercise and revise at the same time, right?

Anita said...

I say add the scenes and then start at the beginning and cut, cut, cut.

We don't have a Wii. I think we're the only Americans w/out one.

Tina Laurel Lee said...

We don't have a Wii.

Sometimes we use the neighbors.

Elana Johnson said...

Great comparison. Yes, I need to lose some pounds and yes, my MS is overstuffed with words. I'm going to have to work on both of those things.