Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Letter to the Tooth Fairy

Dear Tooth Fairy,

I have two questions. What is your real name? What do you do with the teeth?

Love, [K]

p.s. Please write back.

***
If the tooth fairy who visits my house wasn't a writer, she might have panicked last night. Even so, I'm pretty sure she wiped a bead of sweat off her brow answering such personal questions. To the delight of the child, here's the reply:

Dear [K],

Thank you for your nice note.
I love answering questions. My real name is Delphinia (isn't that a pretty name?)
I recycle the teeth. I was going to leave you How to Train Your Dragon with the coin, but I noticed you already have it. I hope you like it. It's my favorite new book (I like the dragons).

Love, T.F. (Delphina) XOXO :)

***
for some reason T.F. always leaves a new book along with a coin when she takes a tooth. Too bad Mom had just purchased the first two How to Train Your Dragon books on the same day the tooth finally fell out. ;)

6 comments:

Aubrie said...

Awwwww did your child stop believing in the tooth fairy?

I remember when I realized Santa Claus was my parents. It was sad.

Kristine Asselin said...

Oh no, Aubrie - we still believe, hook, line, and sinker. I hope she never stops believing!

Talli Roland said...

Aw, how cute! What a great mum you must be.

Tina Laurel Lee said...

I wrote a letter like this once! So cute.

Kelly Polark said...

I love the innocence of children!
Our tooth fairy gives two bucks. But with the fifth tooth, five bucks. The book idea is a cute one! (but too late to institute since I have a ten year old that chose not to put his tooth under the pillow last month! I think he's on to me!)

Kristine Asselin said...

So much trauma over teeth. And forget it if a friend from school gives insight (for example, she won't leave you anything if you lose the tooth - so we're terrified about that!)

Thanks everyone for sharing!