Cambria Dillon--new friend and agent-sister--awarded me this lovely blog-bling last week. It's taken me a few days to accept it, but thank you Cambria! If only she knew that I am so not stylish. No one tell her, okay?
So part of the rules of accepting the award is to share seven things about myself. Yikes. Why does it always take so much thought to think of interesting things about myself? Here goes:
1. In my previous life (i.e., before kids) I was Director of Student Activities at Brandeis University.
2. I once drove through Las Vegas only stopping at a McDonald's restroom.
3. I love Disney World.
4. I've only had a smart phone for three months, but I don't know how I lived without it.
5. I've seen America (the classic rock band famous for SISTER GOLDEN HAIR) in concert over 20 times.
6. During a concert I coordinated as an intern, Meatloaf (yes, the Meatloaf) shouted "F*** You" to me from the stage in a crowded field house.
7. I'm a Girl Scout volunteer and have a troop of 12 Brownies who I adore working with.
So NOT stylish--but hopefully you've learned something about me today. :) Here are my recipients for the award.
Carolina Valdez Miller
Krista Van Dolzer
You've all had some impact on me this week as I've started my agent revisions--either by helping me get the word out, having a great blog for writers, sharing an enthusiastic congrats, or just being plain nice.
Here are the rules:
1: Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2: Share seven things about yourself.
3: Award ten recently discovered great bloggers (except I only listed eight because my brain quit on me!)
4: Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
Thanks again to Cambria. I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!