Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Epic Fairy Tale FAIL by Anna Staniszewski

 

From Good reads: 

Fairy tales do come true. Unfortunately.

Jenny the Adventurer is back, and this time she's off to the Land of Tales: the crazy place that all fairy tales come from. If she can defeat an evil witch and complete three impossible tasks--all without getting eaten by blood-thirsty monsters--Jenny might finally get some answers about what happened to her parents.

This is one adventure Jenny can't afford to fail.


***

We've been waiting for Anna Staniszewski's sequel to My Very Unfairy Tale Life since last summer. It was worth the wait. My 10-year-old beat me to the mailbox when we got the ARC. She dived into it and ended up finishing it while we were in Florida.

Here she is reading in the hotel lobby while we checked in.

She says, "it made me want to keep reading! My mom had to beg me to stop reading." (at bedtime).


I read it after we got home. 
 
Jenny is a great heroine. Funny, snarky, brave. Everything you want in a middle grade hero!

I loved the additions of Jenny's friends, and more of her aunt. We can't wait for the last installment to find out if (hopefully) Jenny is every reunited with her parents!

We're off to Anna's book launch this afternoon.

Congrats to Anna for a great sequel!

1 comment:

Heather Kelly said...

Love the picture of your daughter checking in! Sweet!

Great to see you guys at the launch. We should do ice cream with the kids as often as we do hors d'oeuvres with the adults at the kidlit meet-up. :)
H