Monday, November 7, 2011

Book Launch for Anna Staniszewski's MY VERY UNFAIRYTALE LIFE

I had the opportunity to attend Anna Staniszewski's book launch last night for her middle grade novel MY VERY UNFAIRYTALE LIFE. I haven't been to many book launches, so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. All I knew was that Laura Pauling was driving down to my house (two hours) and we were driving into Boston together--I wasn't going to miss it.

Like a very smart parent, I arranged for my child to bring a friend--warring DSi's in the back seat meant that Laura and I could talk uninterrupted about writing, agents, plot lines, etc.

We met Heather Kelly for an early dinner--and as fate would have it--the kids all got along beautifully. I have no idea what they talked about. But we grown ups talked about writing in the digital age, and agents, and NESCBWI conferences, and writing.
Anna's book signing was at the Children's Book Shop in Brookline--absolutely the most adorable book store I've ever been in. Here's a picture of Anna in front of the display of her books. And yes, she glowed with that same beautiful smile the whole time!!


Anna reading from her book.

Signing a young fan's copy.

Me, Heather Kelly, Anna Staniszewski, Kip Rechea, Laura Pauling
Of course we ended up running into other writers. Kip Rechea stopped by. Anna's fabulous agent Joan Paquette was also in attendance--she actually took the picture (thanks Joan!).

Anna had little origami frogs, mini-golf (yes!), a nice array of themed cookies. Kids and adults loved it. So wonderful to see such a nice turnout.

I was fortunate to have had the chance to read this ARC back over the summer--Read my review here--so it was even more exciting to be at the launch. Congratulations to Anna!

10 comments:

Anna Staniszewski said...

It was great to see you last night! And thanks so much for the lovely recap and pictures--I might have to steal a photo or two for my own post. :-)

Kristine Asselin said...

You're so very welcome, Anna! Steal away--I can even send them to you if you like...

:)

Laura Pauling said...

Great post about it. I'll put mine up later this week! So much to say about the experience but I'm so glad I made the drive!

Stina said...

Sounds like an awesome book launch. I'm planning to order the book so I can read it to my 7-year-old daughter.

Heather Kelly said...

What a fun party! We have to continue to get our kids together. I think my oldest is a big fan of your daughter!!

Paul Greci said...

Congrats, Anna!! The party looked like great fun!!

MG Higgins said...

How fun! I'm so glad you posted the pictures so we can share it vicariously with you.

Kelly Polark said...

Looks like a fun event! And how wonderful you could go with your blogfriends too!!

Unknown said...

Oh fun!!! Looks like it was such a great event! :)

LynNerdKelley said...

Oh, how fun! Sounds like a wonderful time and a what a great book launch. I'm in the middle of reading Anna's fun, humorous, wild book!