BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 10, 2010

Balancing act

Does it ever feel like you're doing this?  Balancing things that aren't easily balanced?  Like family responsibilities, writing, work, writing, volunteering, writing.  

I can balance two golf balls pretty easily.  We did this on my dining room floor in a few minutes.  I've been able to balance three before...but I didn't have the patience today.  According to a quick google search, Don Athey of Bridgeport, OH holds the Guinness World Record by stacking nine golf balls (without adhesives).

Nine.  Try it, I dare you.  You'll find balancing your life much easier.

9 comments:

Aubrie said...

I don't even think I can do two!

I balance two careers right now: flute, which pays all the bills, and writing, which pays token amounts now and then. It's real tough scraping it all together.

laurapauling said...

Even without writing, life is a balancing act. And I don't even have any golf balls! :)

Lydia Kang said...

Yep. And, yep.
I'm always trying, sometimes succeeding, sometimes failing miserably, but always trying to keep the balance!

beth said...

*blink*blink*

Wow. I don't think I could get one ball to quit rolling, let alone balance!

Kris said...

I have two things to say for both balancing golf balls and life - It takes a steady hand, and there's always tomorrow. ;)

Thanks to Beth, Laura, Aubrie, and Lydia for commenting!

Ansha said...

I'm right there with ya!

Kris said...

Ansha - I know you are! Keep at it!

Talli Roland said...

Balancing, argh, I can't even think further than dinner let alone golf balls!

Kris said...

Talli - clearly it appears I have too much time on my hand, but it was to prove to my daughter it could be done! And then I thought, what a great blog post!