Monday, May 10, 2010

Balancing act

Does it ever feel like you're doing this?  Balancing things that aren't easily balanced?  Like family responsibilities, writing, work, writing, volunteering, writing.  

I can balance two golf balls pretty easily.  We did this on my dining room floor in a few minutes.  I've been able to balance three before...but I didn't have the patience today.  According to a quick google search, Don Athey of Bridgeport, OH holds the Guinness World Record by stacking nine golf balls (without adhesives).

Nine.  Try it, I dare you.  You'll find balancing your life much easier.

9 comments:

Aubrie said...

I don't even think I can do two!

I balance two careers right now: flute, which pays all the bills, and writing, which pays token amounts now and then. It's real tough scraping it all together.

Anonymous said...

Even without writing, life is a balancing act. And I don't even have any golf balls! :)

Lydia Kang said...

Yep. And, yep.
I'm always trying, sometimes succeeding, sometimes failing miserably, but always trying to keep the balance!

Unknown said...

*blink*blink*

Wow. I don't think I could get one ball to quit rolling, let alone balance!

Kristine Asselin said...

I have two things to say for both balancing golf balls and life - It takes a steady hand, and there's always tomorrow. ;)

Thanks to Beth, Laura, Aubrie, and Lydia for commenting!

Ansha Kotyk said...

I'm right there with ya!

Kristine Asselin said...

Ansha - I know you are! Keep at it!

Talli Roland said...

Balancing, argh, I can't even think further than dinner let alone golf balls!

Kristine Asselin said...

Talli - clearly it appears I have too much time on my hand, but it was to prove to my daughter it could be done! And then I thought, what a great blog post!