Thursday, April 26, 2012

W is for Workshop

As you progress in your writing, you might be asked to share your expertise! And YAY for you, if you are! Whether it's a school group, a group of neighborhood kids, a round table panel at a conference, or your crit group, it's all about sharing your knowledge.

I've got a list of resources on my banner--lots of good stuff there that I've collected over the years.

As far as workshops go, I'm building my repertoire. I'll be working with kids in Littleton, Massachusetts this summer in a kids writing club, presenting at the Chelmsford Public Library about nonfiction on July 18 at 10:30 a.m., and doing a workshop for adults who want to turn their writing hobby into a career on August 16 in Devens, Massachusetts at 6 p.m.

If you need more information about any of those, please let me know!




5 comments:

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm glad to hear you're getting out there. You all did a great job on the agent-author panel.

Tara Tyler said...

wish i could attend! i'm a mass native! but now in ohio =(
glad for you, sounds exciting!

Katy Upperman said...

How fun to participate in a workshop for kids... I'd love to do that someday!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

I LOVE when stories begin with "once upon a time". It has a great sense of escapism attached to it along with a fantastic tale waiting to be told. What a thing they don't want us writers to start our stories out with.

Maybe I just should, you know? To spite them? ;)


Elizabeth
A to Z co-host

Anonymous said...

I wish I could do more with workshops but they are no local ones and I'm not in a position to travel to any. Maybe later this year things will open up for me.