Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V is for Vacation

I've actually made it to V in the A-Z Challenge.

V could also be for Vickie--as in Vickie Motter, my beautiful agent (see her picture over there?). We just met face-to-face this weekend!

But I had already decided V should be for vacation, which is a very important thing. It's important to take a break from the daily grind, take a step back, look at life from a different perspective. I got back from vacation last week, and immediately went into conference mode, so it doesn't really feel like I got any rest. And it doesn't help that I'm writing this post as a 4 a.m. insomniac.

(Not to say that I didn't come away from NESCBWI inspired and awestruck--post to come later on that!)

But sometimes vacation can be just stepping away from the keyboard to reflect. Or using some writing time to read, or research, or take a walk.

This isn't where I was last week, but it's one of my favorite places to vacation.

9 comments:

Stina said...

I can't believe the challenge is at V!!!!

We're going to Disneyland for our vacation this summer, but it won't be much of a vacation. It's also the RWA nationals for me. :)

Dana said...

I agree. Vacations aren't just for traveling. I love the little vacations I take when I go outside to drink my coffee in the morning or sit out in the quiet living room and read. Nice post!

Laura Pauling said...

Love the picture of you and Vickie. So awesome! And she was so cool, hip, and nice. So happy for you!

Lisa said...

I sat in on the Agent/Author Panel at the NESCBWI conference this weekend. It was GREAT and Vickie seems like a fantastic agent. I learned a bunch from you all, and it was probably my favorite workshop of the conference. Thanks!

Kristine Asselin said...

Thanks everyone--vacations (even mini ones) are super important.

And Lisa, thanks so much! I loved being on the panel and absorbing so much from my fellow panelists. Vickie IS amazing--and yes, I'm biased. :)

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Hey, congrats making it to V!

You guys look fantastic. What fun!

And yes, VACATION! I'm totally ready for one. But I've also taken an extended vacation from writing lately, so working my way back into it. Excited to see it all come together.

Katy Upperman said...

Yay for vacations! I could *totally* use one, though I think our upcoming drive down to CA for the move will be a mini one. Yes, please! And I know I said it yesterday, but I LOVE that picture of you and Vickie! :)

M Pax said...

What a great place to visit. I hope to get a vacation next year or sometime ... :) Great meeting you.

Pam Harris said...

I agree--a vacation is SO worth it. Even if you're at home--just spend a day in your PJs with your fave books. :)