Monday, December 20, 2010

Books. My books.

I've been working with Capstone Press for two years.  I'm in the final stages of my sixth project.  Last Winter, I had the joy of holding my very first published book in my hands (January 2010, TAURUS, VIRGO, & CAPRICORN: ALL ABOUT THE EARTH SIGNS).  Since then, I've worked on four more nonfiction titles.  It's been quite a ride, but it doesn't seem quite real until you hold the hard copy!  Thank you Capstone Press!  (For anyone thinking of getting into work-for-hire, I've had a great experience.)

In January 2011 (that's, like, two weeks away!), three of my titles will be released.  They've been viewable on Amazon for a couple of months.  But this week, the new titles were posted on the publisher's website.   

The very first assignment I received from Capstone (WHO REALLY DISCOVERED AMERICA?) is one of the three coming out in January.  I'm particularly excited about this one.  I think kids are really going to like it.  Cool cover, right?

The other two are: OUR SUN and STARS.  Suffice it to say, anything related to the sky is popular with my daughter and her class.  I'm going to be a hero in the 2nd grade this spring.  I can't wait to show them!

Yes, I'm still working on my fiction (albeit at a snail's pace right now), but I wanted to share the excitement.  Nonfiction is a blast to write, and seeing the progress and the end result is priceless to my writer's ego.

Happy Holidays to all!

9 comments:

Jess said...

Congrats on all your success!

Ansha Kotyk said...

I LOVE your covers! :) And I can't wait to hold them in my little grubby hands either! I'll say, "Look! My crit partner did this!!"

Laura Pauling said...

Awesome! Great covers. How fun you'll be able to share in schools.

Kristine Asselin said...

Thanks, guys. I'm already scheduled in my daughter's elementary school. I'm nervous, but very excited about it!

Jen Besel said...

I've held the books in my hands, and they are awesome Great job, Kris!
Jen at Capstone

Kristine Asselin said...

Did I mention that my editors at Capstone are pretty awesome too? Thanks, Jen!

MG Higgins said...

Your books look wonderful! How exciting!! I'll be going through the same thing next fall when my two Capstone books are published. Can't wait.

MTeacress said...

I'm impressed. I don't think I could touch non-fiction with a ten foot pole. Way to go. :)
Have an enjoyable holiday!

Kristine Asselin said...

Thanks Melissa and Michelle! (And, honestly Michelle, you could!)

Happy Holidays to you both!