Friday, November 2, 2007

The Waiting Game

As my daughter likes to say "I caaaaannnn'ttt waaaiiittt!"


The waiting is the hardest part. Especially if you're anticipating something good or exciting. For a four-year-old, that something might be leaving the house to trick-or-treat. "Why can't we leave now?" she might ask.


I'm waiting on hearing back from an agent that I'm hoping will be interested in representing me. I've followed all the "rules" and submission requirements. Basically, though, it comes down to whether or not he/she likes my writing. I've also entered two writing contests this fall, and I'm waiting to find out if I've placed. And, of course, I've submitted my work to a couple of magazines and publishers, and I'm waiting to get my rejections....I mean, their replies.

No comments: