I'm learning a lot about writing an author bio. Some things I've learned so far:
1. it should be in the third person (i.e., The author graduated with honors from Central State with a degree in basket weaving...)
2. If you have unique or interesting facts about you, include them.
3. it should include snippets of personal and professional information that will compell the reader to want to read your work.
4. it should provide enough interesting information to convey to anyone reading it that you would make a fascinating interview subject (make marketing you easier.)
5. Oddly enough, it seems as though there are several types of bios out there - ranging from
Anne Mini's website provides some useful information (http://www.annemini.com/). I also found some great threads on the message board at Verla Kay's website (www.verlakay.com).