Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Currently...

I got the idea for “Currently…” from Katy Upperman who borrowed it from Kate Hart, who snagged the idea from Amy Lukavics, who picked it up here.

Currently...

Loving: My agent. There, I said it. :) So exciting to be working on revisions.

Reading: MY SUPER SWEET SIXTEENTH CENTURY by  Rachel Harris. Totally my type of book. Sweet, time travel, half contemp/half historical. LOVE it!

Listening to: The soundtrack from Disney's Lemonade Mouth, which is based on Mark Peter Hughes' middle grade book of the same name. It's on in the car. Whenever a certain kidlet is in the backseat. Apparently she's the target audience, though I'll admit it's catchy.

Thinking About: All the writing and revision I have to do. Working on a work-for-hire assignment while simultaneously pondering novel revisions. KNOWING that I'm a real writer and feeling immensely grateful for the work I have to do.

Anticipating: Vacation. In Harry Potter world. Soon. And the SCBWI National Conference in February. Also, going out on submission soon. Eep!

Wishing: that the publishing industry fairies would throw some fairy dust on me.

Making Me Happy: "Locked out of Heaven" by Bruno Mars. For some reason it brings me back to the late 80's...sounds like classic Police (shout out to Sting!) to me. Must be the beat.

3 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

Awesome! I love Bruno Mars! Good luck on submission!

Ansha Kotyk said...

It does remind me of Sting. I think it's the opening of the song.

Kelly Polark said...

I love this! I may have to borrow CURRENTLY too! :)

How wonderful you get to go to Harry Potter world soon. I'd love to in the next few years!