Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bobby Sherman and saddleshoes

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words--cliche, I know.  But it's true.  Take an old picture of yourself and look at it.  Really look at it.  What is that little person thinking?  What about the old Bobby Sherman lunchbox does she particularly love?  What is that first day of school going to be like?

In honor of second graders everywhere, I give you: me.  On the first day of second grade.  Complete with Bobby Sherman lunchbox and saddle shoes.  I honestly don't remember having an undying love for Bobby--but there it is.  Just look at that lunchbox. That's love.  No second grader carries a lunchbox like that without love.  There must be a story there somewhere.

I think I need to look up Bobby Sherman's greatest hits on iTunes. In the meantime, enjoy this video performance of "Easy Come, Easy Go." 

Positively swoon worthy...those moves are made of awesome.  That hair.  The leather pants.  I'm having a flashback of why I must have loved Bobby Sherman.  I dare the Jonas Brothers or Justin Bieber to pull off that look. :)


5 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

I watched the video. I dont' remember this guy, but his one move is hilarious!

Amy Sue Nathan said...

I was more of a Donny Osmond gal, but I do remember this song! I walked home for lunch every day in elementary school, so alas, no lunchbox of any kind for me.

Anonymous said...

One of my older sisters had a Yellow Submarine lunchbox and thermos. I was envious! Mine was nice enough, green background with daisies, but no way close to the Beatles!

Juli Caveny said...

I love using old images of myself for reflective writing...I really haven't changed much.(I have over 10 ponchos/capes that I wear!)However, I really miss the idea of hand-made clothing. Many of us had it, so many of the image-conscience pressures that girls face today weren't as dramatic.

Kristine Asselin said...

Amy -- I LOVED Donny and Marie.

Martha -- I have fond memories of a Snoopy lunchbox, and a Krofft Superstars one as well (I know I'm dating myself now.)

Juli -- absolutely. Notice the hand knitted sweater in my pic. Of course, my mother was uber-talented and still knits beautiful things. I couldn't knit my way out of a paper bag.

Thanks all for stopping by!